Hey peeps! So I figured I’d do something fun today and come at you with a tag! This tag was created by Alina @ Tall Tales on YouTube, so go check out her video and channel. I love fall, you love fall, everyone loves fall, so here’s a tag pertaining to fall. Let’s go!
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman definitely has a vivid setting. Not only is the book written in a way where it includes case files, texts, visuals, audio recordings, etc, but there are some sections where you can see what the ship looks like and the way everything is described just makes it sound so vivid.
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
This manga deals with depression and suicide, and oh my God, I cried a lot during the whole story. It’s about a group of friends who, about ten years in the future, want to go back and change things so they can save their friend who blames himself for his mother’s suicide, and so they send letters to their past selves and they essentially get a second chance at saving it. It was just a very lovely story and one on a topic very personal to me.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
I… don’t really read non-fiction books, so… Yeah…
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
Can I just be part of the Night Court, please? They’re a misfit group of friends and I love them, so I’d like to join them in Velaris.
5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
I took this photo back in October 2016 and I think it’s wicked pretty!
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
How could I not think of Shazi and her storytelling skills in The Wrath & the Dawn? I love this story and the world it’s set in, but I also love how there’s stories within it that brings you to another world as well.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
I still haven’t finished this book that I’ve been attempting to read for over two years because I hate horror and it’s wicked unsettling and I just… I can’t.
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
When will I ever not refer this book in a tag? I mean seriously, it’s so cute and funny and heartwarming. Just do yourself a favor and go read it.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favourite season) returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.
You know, I don’t care how much crap Twilight gets, it’ll forever be one of those books that meant so much to me in a time that I needed it. And then The House of the Scorpion and A Certain Slant of Light were two of the first YA books I read in high school and enjoyed because I read them for fun (one was for summer reading and was the only summer reading book I actually read… and enjoyed). So yes, I’d love to revisit all of these eventually.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading “accessories”!
Fall is the time when NaNoWriMo gets started and sucks away my soul, so I’ll be wrapping myself up in the hat and scarf (I just use the mug for decoration), and then on our recent trip to Disney World I got this super comfy and pretty hoodie and I love it and I’ll be wearing it a lot on the cold days, I’m sure.
11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people!
I tag everyone because it’s a new tag and everyone should do it!
Let’s Chat! ^w^
What are you most excited for when it comes to fall? Any book releases you want to let me know about that you’re excited for? What will you be wearing or using as an accessory when it comes to your fall reading? Let me know!