Well, August was a… well, it was a month. That’s really all I’ve got.
What I Read
Books I Started But Didn’t Finish
Books I Got This Month
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Discussions I Held
Top Ten Tuesdays & Top 5 Wednesdays
Three more books to add to my list! So now my total is at 28 of 30 fantasy books!
Life has been very, very rough this month and so I’ll be on a temporary hiatus until things settle. Due to personal family reasons, my husband and I decided to move back in with my parents. It’s the right decision for everyone, so I’m glad about that for sure, but it’s just rough right now.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Are you sad summer’s coming to a close? What have you read lately? Tell me all of the exciting things!
Hey peeps, I’m here with another Uppercase Box unboxing for you! If you don’t know what Uppercase is, as it says on the website, it’s “a young adult book-of-the-month subscription box. Simply put: You sign up and receive a recently published YA book and awesome book-related items every month! Plus you’ll access exclusive book content and a one-of-a-kind reading experience to dive deeper into each story.”
So I actually got this the day before my birthday last week (my birthday was August 18th) and so it was like I got a present from Uppercase! (Well, I mean, it IS a present, kind of…)
I’ve heard good things about the book that came in this month’s box and so I’m definitely excited to read it. It seems like it’s right up my alley with the lovey dovey stuff.
What came included was:
–P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – SIGNED
-P.S. I Like You quote print
-Once Upon a Time necklace (Uppercase exclusive)
-Bookish Thoughts Notepad designed by Simini Blocker (Uppercase exclusive)
All of the items are very adorable and I really can’t wait to read the book because it sounds so CUTE. And what with my slump, I think that’s just what I need.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Have you read the book yet? What were your thoughts? What kind of song would you write?
In the month of August I read and completed two books. This summer has been really difficult in terms of reading and finishing books, but I’m trying my best!
The two books I completed this month are:
I also read several other books this month, but I have yet to complete them for one reason or another (the main reason being I’m stuck in a slump and can’t find my way out), and they are:
Yeah, I started all of those, but haven’t finished them… I think reading multiple books at once is what’s stopping me from reading, really. It’s difficult to retain everything that’s happening because I don’t want to confuse one plot with another.
So it’s been a productive month for reading, but not a fruitful month, you know? I want to finish what I’m reading and find out what happens!
As well as that, I did some discussions and other things this month:
- Shoutouts (Part 1) – I did some shoutouts to various book people! I think everyone deserves recognition for what they do, and I’m going to do this as much as I can.
- How I Organize My Bookshelves – I talked about how I do my own shelf organization. This will probably change over time, but I think one constant I’ll always have will be my “favorites” shelf.
- Let’s Talk Shadowhunters – The show has a full cast and production is well under way. I talk a bit more about the cast and how excited I am for this show!
- Book Clubs: Yea or Nay? – The pros and cons of book clubs are discussed here. Would you join one?
- Rayna Recommends: High Fantasy – In hindsight, I wish I had done a broader topic of fantasy and then narrowed from there, but here I recommend some high fantasy books and movies!
- Bout of Books 14 Readathon + My Birthday – I participated in Bout of Books 14 and it was also my birthday this past month! It was a fun time and I’m proud of what I accomplished.
- Reading Tastes – I talked about how reading tastes change over time and how you can love one thing one year and completely change your views in the next.
So it’s been a productive month and I’m happy to have had all the talks and whatnot.
But now it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The giveaway winner!
Thank you to everyone who participated and joined in! I’m very happy and I hope to see more of you around in the years to come.
And the winner is…
Congratulations! You’ve already been contacted by email, but I wanted to give a shoutout here, too! Thanks all and look forward to the next giveaway!
Let’s see what the next month has to bring. What did you read this past month? Let me know!
Another month, another haul! This month has been great for this kind of thing because I had my birthday earlier in the month and so my husband spoiled me with books and bookish things. So today let me tell you all of the books I got:
- “The Night Circus” by Erin Morgenstern. I’ve been wanting to get this book for years, but as it’s an adult book, it’s more expensive than YA books, so I always put off getting it. But I couldn’t resist anymore and so I went ahead and got it. I’m really excited to see what it’s about and how I’ll like it.
- “Attachments” by Rainbow Rowell. My Rainbow collection just keeps growing! This is her first novel and it’s well loved by others, and from what I hear it’s kind of like a rom-com (romantic comedy) in book form, so I’m excited to get into it more! I did start it, but I haven’t continued yet.
- The Kate Daniels series, books 1-7, by Ilona Andrews. My husband spoiled me and got me all of the books that are out so far, except for the eighth book, which is in hardcover and I want all of my books to match. I started this series already and did a review on the first book, and so far I’m enjoying it. I really want to see what happens next.
- “Ruin and Rising” by Leigh Bardugo. Again, my husband spoiled me and got me the third book in the Grisha trilogy in paperback. I haven’t even started the trilogy yet, but I know I’ll enjoy it. Magic, power, romance… I mean, yes please!
Well, I got eleven books this month! Not too shabby, if you ask me. I’m definitely excited to continue reading everything, it’s just going to take me a while because I’m kind of in a slump still. No energy after work and all of that, you know?
Let me know if you’ve gotten any of these books and which you’d recommend to me to read sooner rather than later! I do plan on marathoning the Grisha trilogy soon, but for now let me know what you think! What books have you acquired this month?
Today is the last day to enter the giveaway for one book up to $15USD from Book Depository! Be sure to get your entry in by midnight! The winner will be announced in my wrap-up post tomorrow, as well as contacted via email!