Hey guys! So I signed up for this cool little event called “Love-a-thon.” It’s an event hosted by Alexa (AlexaLovesBooks), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy) who are all wonderful bookish ladies. Love-a-thon is all about spreading the love in the book community and taking the time to recognize a lot of people whether they blog, Booktube, bookstagram, booklr, are an author, or whatever platform they may share their love of books on. It’s all about positivity and love.
So for this first post of love-a-thon, I’ll be posting my answers to a questionnaire! Here we go:
- What’s your name? Rayna!
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Massachusetts~
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I’ve had other blogs before, but this is my first real blog that I’ve actually stuck to for longer than a year. I got into it because I stumbled upon Booktube. I actually made a Booktube channel before starting this blog here, but I’m so much more a blogger than a Booktuber. It’s much easier for me to write words than to speak them. And honestly, I just wanted to share my love of books and make friends who also love books along the way.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I was trying to come up with something clever and “Reader Rayna” just stuck with me. It rolls off the tongue, right? Alliteration~
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I mostly read Young Adult books as well as review them. I’m branching out more and introducing more adult titles, but my primary focus is definitely young adult.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I do various types of discussion posts each month, as well as recommendations, book hauls, tags, memes such as Top Ten Tuesday and Top 5 Wednesday, wrap-ups & TBRs, as well as other fun things like movie and TV show talks and reviews. I also started to introduce writing topics on my blog as well.
- Best blogging experience so far? I think when I really started to notice people looking at and actually liking my content. I recently just got the most views on a blog post and it made me overjoyed to know people actually want to know my opinion on a topic. It makes me feel loved and welcome in this community.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? Everyone’s wicked friendly and supportive! People are always willing to talk to you and the best part is being able to find other blogs and people with the same interests.
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh, The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater, TOG 5 by Sarah J. Maas, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, and A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir.
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! The rest of the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (I’m on book 4), Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, the rest of The Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, and the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (totally cheated because of series, heheheheeheh).
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. It’s one of my favorite books of all time and I don’t know if it was popular back when it came out about ten-ish years ago, but I think that it’s a beautiful story and one everyone should read.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Kenji from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. He’s sooo funny and goofy, but he really loves and cares for his friends. I think he’d make a great BFF.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Kaden from the Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson is just… *sigh* I love him. He’s cunning, sure, but he’s smart, kind, strong, multilingual, and just an overall badass. I love him. Again.
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)? Ooh, this one’s a toughy… I think I’d choose Aelin from the Throne of Glass series because she’d kick butt, Juliette from the Shatter Me trilogy because she could protect us long range, Vin from the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson because if we have metals she could catapult us away, and Hermione from the Harry Potter series because we need some brains for this operation.
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I enjoy playing video games, particularly first person shooter and role-play types like Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, etc.; I also enjoy writing (I mean, I graduated with an English Professional Writing major, soooo…); I like hiking, but not hardcore or anything, just for relaxation and exercise purposes; I love whale watching – so fun!
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Nothing, really… Unless it’s essentials that I need, I try to not shop. Or food. Food is good.
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Oh God. Um. Well, recently I became quite the fangirl of the K-pop group EXO, so I’d choose them and their song “Call Me Baby.“
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. Too many to choose from… But, I think I’d love to see the Starbound trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner made into films. I think it would be so neat to see these characters come to life and to see them try to fight to survive and stuff.
- What would your dream library look like? Books. Books as far as the eye can see. Honestly, I’d be happy with a full wall of bookshelves.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? It’s too hard to choose just one, but if I had to pick, it’d be Sarah J. Maas.
That’s it for now! Let me know which author you would sit down to tea with and what song is your song that you’d be jamming out to. I’d love to know! See you for the rest of love-a-thon!