Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely peeps over at The Broke & the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about our resolutions for 2016.
Now, I know I already posted my resolutions a few days ago, but I wanted to participate in this week’s T10T and go into more detailed resolutions that I’d like to accomplish for this year.
I’m going to separate these into five bookish related resolutions and five personal ones. So, here we go:
1 . Complete the Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices series. Like, seriously, I really want to finish these, and since I’m reading them in the order they were published I’ll be able to kill two birds with one stone and finish reading both the TMI series and TID trilogy.
2. Complete the Harry Potter series. I still have yet to finish reading the HP series for the first time and so I really want to try to make a point in finishing it this year. I love the movies and I’m loving the books, so I don’t see why it’s taking me so long.
3. Actually finish A Game of Thrones. I’ve been reading this book for about three years now and I really just need to finish the dang thing. I’m half way through and I really want to make it a goal to read at least one book in the series per year.
4. Get back into manga. I was HUGE into manga as a teenager, and sure I may dabble in it here and there, but I don’t read it nearly as much anymore when I used to love it.
5. Get more book shelves! And I’m talking the tall ones, not these small ones that we have stuffed places. Both my husband and I need more shelf space (mostly me) and so I’m thinking of downgrading my desk and making more room for some shelves.
6. Eat healthier. Okay, yeah, I know a lot of people make this resolution – “New year, new me!” – but I really do need to eat a lot healthier. I’m overweight and people are concerned for me so I need to improve my diet.
7. Finish writing a novel and edit it. I really want to get a jump start on one of my passions and I really want to further my process in writing and working toward getting published.
8. Save more money. Don’t we all need to do this? Well, for me personally my husband and I want to buy a house and start a family sometime in the near future so I really need to watch my spending and do my best to save.
9. Rebuild my relationship with God. I don’t go to church or really read my bible that much, and I want to change that. Having that relationship was important to me a year ago, so why isn’t it now?
10. Be happy. I think this is probably the most important one for me to really remember and succeed at. 2015 was a rough year for me emotionally and mentally, but in other ways it was still great. I want this year to be even better and I just want to be happy with the decisions I make and whatever it is that I do.
And that’s it! It’s a pretty simple list, but I think that I can accomplish all of these as long as I try hard enough at it.
What are some of the resolutions you made for yourself? Do you think you’ll be able to stick to them? Let me know!